Good morning, Zao Shanghao. Let’s learn some simple greeting phrases today.
- 你好，nihao [hello]
- 请问 qingWen[Please tell me]
- 小王xiao Wong[young Wong]
- 在 Zai[is here]
【王 Wong is one of top 3 family names with over 100 million population in Chinese societies. 小王 is the way an adult calls a young person, typically a co-worker. 小 means small. This way suggests someone is young and healthy. 】
- 抱歉 BaoQian[sorry].
[Note that although the word 很 means very in English, in most cases it does not really mean very, it is just a habbit to put it ahead of an adjective. So oftentime you may just ignore this word. ]
- 他 Ta[He/She]
- 出去chuQu[go out]
- 了 le[-ed].
- [hen BowChan. tar tsooTrue le.]
【Again, the word 了 is everywhere, it is the way we say something in the past, add this word after a verb, or an object, or in rare cases, an adjective as too.】
- 那Na[then] 【This word in most cases means That, an pronoun, here it is an adverb then.】
- 下午Xiawu[afternoon] [adverbial modifier 1]
- 再Zai[again] [adverbial modifier 2]
- 来lai[come] [predicate, the modifying object]
- ba[a particle for suggestion/agreement…].
- [Nar war Shyarwoo Dsai lai ba.]
【你you 明天tomorrow 再again 来come 吧ba。= You should come again tomorrow.】
- 好的- hao de[all right].
- 再见 ZaiJian[bye]. 【再见 means (again see)】
- 下午见 XiawuJian[see you in the afternoon]. 【afternoon see】
- [howd. DsaiJan. Sheear_woo_Jee-an]
OK, this is Lesson 19. I am Julian, join our Wechat group and practice your Mandarin. My Wechat ID is 189-7482-4900. Byebye.